20 May, 2020

Herero Revolt - Flags

Warflags
As I have been able to secure the figures I need from Old Glory 15s (with a lot of assistance from Roy Jones who helped me select the most ideal proxies from the OG15 range), I now need flags.  Actually, I am not certain that the German forces in SudWest Afrika even carried flags or standards into the field (most likely they did not), but I still would like to add a splash of nationalist color and pride for the German side.  To that end, I need 15mm flags.

Photo from Cotton Jim's website
Cotton Jim's Flags happen to make a range for the Boxer Rebellion which includes a sheet of German flags, but the are the rather plan three part flag of red, white, and black horizontal stripes.  While I have heard that Cotton Jim's has great service, the German flag sheet is kinda blah in appearance.  Years ago when I had some Old Glory Boxer Rebellion 25mm Germans, I used a German flag from the Warflags site, and looking at the sheet they also have 15mm flags.  Should be an easy chore to print out a sheet, cut out a flag or two, mount on a pole, coat with some white glue, and give them a bit of a bend or two, and let dry.

One company I would really like to utilize is Flag Dude, but they keep going in and out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...