19 May, 2020

Herero Revolt - Basing/Rules

I had ordered some "hoard" movement trays from Warbases a few months ago, so I thought it was time to get some of the figures based and provide a few pictures of how they will look.  Both the Germans and the Hereros used an open order formation, which I think using the Warbases movement trays replicates in a decent manner.  I am still looking at buying some different movement trays that will allow some flexibility in unit organization.  Litko also has a mix of movement trays, but their pricing for what I am looking for is several times higher than Warbases.  I use a mix of both Litko and Warbases, depending on pricing and what each company offers.

Basing will be in multiples of five, with each figure individually mounted.  This will make moving a unit easier due to using movement trays, and yet I can still have individual casualties removed from play.  This should allow flexibility with rules as well.  While I am planning on using Colonial Adventures as the primary set for this project, I can also use also sets for smaller skirmish level games, having picked up a copy of One Hour Skirmish Wargaming recently.  The mechanics are a bit different, in which they do not use dice at all, but opposing decks of cards for all actions and resolutions.  They are also very simple yet nuanced, perfect for convention settings.

Using the hoard bases with individually mounted figures does not lock me into one set of rules because of a specific figure mounting convention.  Time to go order more of these bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...