02 June, 2020

Gotta Love the Spammers

It is always interesting to see where the blog viewers reside.  In many cases, the countries make sense - the United States because of the number of gamers and the fact I post about updates on a mostly American gaming site, the United Kingdom because of the number of folks who are also on that gaming site, Germany because the blog is indeed about German colonial gaming after all, and a few other countries like France because the Der Wind und der Löwe project has a multi-country aspect.  But some of the countries crack me up.  I mean, I understand the Russian count - they are trying to influence my gaming choices.  But Ukraine?  Indonesia?  Singapore?  Maybe there are a bevy of Ukrainian women or Asian ladies just dying to find love (don't tell my wonderful wife that Olga is chasing me).  I am actually sad that the Nigerian Oil Minister has not made his presence known.  I could always use 4.7M dollars!

I also find it interesting when bloggers will brag about the number of views they receive, because they most likely are not filtering out the crap views that inflate their numbers.  According to Blogger, I have over 25K views.  It is more likely half of that when looking at the "legit" countries.  

I know, a goofy post, but I thought others might find it amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...