25 May, 2020

Herero Revolt - Sorting Day

Today was the day to sort the figures.  Why sort?  Because many of the figures from Old Glory 15s are in bags of mixed nationalities, for example the mounted officers pack has five different nations represented.  Taking the time to get them sorted down to their German or Herero representations allows me to determine if I need to order more of a certain type or if I have enough already.  It will also allow me to list the extra figures I will have for sale...I have no need for French or American generals or Italian bersaglieri, and if I can sell the extra figures then I can convert those funds into more packs suitable for Germans and Hereros!

Okay, here is the damage:

Germany

Senior Officers - 2 mounted
Schutztruppe - 48 foot and 16 mounted
Landungkorps - 25 (using Russian sailors)
Marine-Infanterie - 18
Bastards - none (can use Schutztruppe above)
Feldkanone - 2 guns with crew
Maschinenkanone - none
Revolverkanone - 2 guns mtd, 2 guns dis, with crew
Gebirgsgeschutz - none

Herero

Foot - 100
Shock Troops - none
Infiltrators - (can use Schutztruppe above)
Mounted - 16
Command - 2 mounted

There are a few holes to fill, but a bit better than I first thought.  There are no good proxies for the Maschinenkanone and Gebirgsgeschutz, and I need more Schutztruppe, but as Old Glory packs them in mixed foot and mounted bags, I am going to have far too many mounted Schutztruppe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...