10 January, 2020

Herero War - Units Needed

I received my second copy of The Herero War yesterday.  In purchasing this a second time I wanted to get a feel for what some of unit mix I would need for the various scenarios in the book.  By the way, the authors (Roy Jones and Eric Alvarado) have done a cracking job in detailing, very specifically, the various unit capabilities, providing details for the scenarios, and giving the colonial gamer a one-stop shop (or nearly so) for all things Deutsch-Südwestafrika.  

I have created a spreadsheet that lists unit types needed by scenario.  While not perfect as I had to assume a few things, it provides the framework around purchasing figures and organizing them as needed.  While The Herero War uses The Sword and the Flame to design the scenarios and special rules, I most likely will be using Colonial Adventures (formally a Two Hour Wargames product, now printed by Rebel Minis) with different unit sizes.  I still should be able to recreate the scenarios, but will have to play around a bit with the special rules and unit capabilities to mesh them into Colonial Adventures.  Enough prattling, here is the chart:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...