05 January, 2020

A Long Time....

It has been well over a year since my last post on the blog, but time to make 2020 the Year of the Herero.  Yes, flopping again on my stance of what colonial gaming I want to accomplish, so, perhaps keeping the Der Wind und der Löwe project as a secondary option, I really want to game a colonial conflict in its historical setting, and not the common Zulu, Dervish, or even Arab.  That means, in a way, starting over, as I had sold my humble beginnings of research materials.  So, Step One, order another copy of Dr. Roy Jones' The Herero War from Recreational Conflict.  Done.  Step Two, get over to Amazon and start creating a Herero War wishlist of desired books.  In progress.  Step Three, go place an order with Old Glory 15s.  Done, taking advantage of the last day of their Christmas sale.  This first order included at least one of every code found on the SudWest Afrika Figures page here on the blog.  

Okay, I've jumped in fairly aggressively with a large order of figures.  For terrain I have a decent foundation of desert-like buildings and some scrub-like trees.  I am going to pick up additional scrub terrain from Baueda.

Next step, once I receive The Herero War book again, will be to determine a scenario from that book and start building the various forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...